Careful what you wish for.....
In 1980 I was half way through what turned out to be some three years working on a project at the MVE Chobham...to which I 'd ride every day on a small motorbike leaving at 7 am and getting home around 7 pm plus a half day Saturday mornings.Sundays were the day when a long overdue sleep was anticipated but never materialised.
I'd rode the bike there and back,whatever the weather and clocked up some fourty miles a day.
As spring approached this particular year I'd flippantly said to the Wife  "wouldn't it be great if we could have the whole summer off and just sit in the garden!?".....she laughed in reply.
Just a short while afterwards though,returning from work one evening,I was hit by a car and ended up in hospital where what turned out to be a broken right leg was put in plaster and other injuries dealt with,the result of which was that I WAS off work the whole summer and a few months afterwards as well.
Just as now I had to adapt to the situation that was presented and make the best of it and once the plaster came off and while the sun was still out,I set about repairing my motorbike,dreaming of the day I could bend my leg enough to get back on it and ride back to work as being self-employed at the time meant having to live on 'peanuts' whilst off 'sick' .
That episode is now a distant memory just as what's going on now will one day be.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There's more to life than money........